The digitalization and the Internet of Things (IoT) allow the optimization of processes, make products smarter and fundamentally change existing business fields and models. At the same time, designing and developing digital IoT-based solutions poses major challenges for companies. Rapid technological developments and the entry of new competitors with partly disruptive innovations require companies to redesign their working processes in order to respond faster to market changes and to bring more quickly solutions to the market. However, high development costs and lack of know-how, as well as uncertainty about whether the developed solution will achieve the desired success, create barriers that companies face in the development and supply of digital IoT-based products and services. Prototyping can then be used as an essential tool for the rapid validation of ideas. Here, user interfaces and needs as well as potential weaknesses of the solutions can be quickly identified and early feedback can be obtained to improve and develop the prototype into marketable end product.
The focus of the one-day innovation workshop lies on the development, analysis and application of the various forms, methods and tools of prototyping.
In detail, it should be discussed:
- what importance prototyping does have in the age of digitalization and what challenges and opportunities are associated with it
- which methods and tools (analogue / digital) are used in the creation and visualization of prototypes (illustration based on concrete use cases)
- what role prototyping does play, especially in the development and supply of digital products, services and processes
- how a prototyping process is ideally structured and which customer needs and key questions need to be addressed
- how to create and visualize a prototype based on specific products or services
11.00 - 11.15
Check-in & get together
11.15 - 11.30
Expectations of participants; previous challenges/experiences with the topic prototyping
11.30 - 12.00
Keynote speech IXDS:
Prototyping – the topic of the future: significance, challenges and potentials
12.00 - 12.45
Methods, tools and applications of prototyping for digital products, services and processes:
Procedure, structure, focus questions
12.45 - 13.45
13.45 - 16.00
Development and visualization of a prototype based on a specific product or process
16.00 - 16.15
16.15 - 17.00
Presentation of the group results, feedback, summary and final discussion
Registration is possible until January 26th, 2018 at Martin Pietzonka from the office.
Since we have limited capacities of participants, we ask for early registration and allocate places on a "first come first serve" principle. Participation is free for Connected Living members.